Software Engineer (London)
Engineering · London
You are the right person for us if you are passionate about technology, dreaming about building amazing stuff, love figuring out integration puzzles, and connections between the app and backend.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role
We’re looking for talented software engineers to join us on a permanent basis in our London or Tallinn offices (currently remote working). You are the right person for us if you are passionate about technology, dreaming about building amazing stuff, love figuring out integration puzzles, and connections between the app and backend. We are looking for someone who values a clean neat code, with exceptional attention to detail but also able to see the bigger picture and never scared to ask questions.
You are going to:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
We are looking for you, if you:
- Have excellent Java skills
- Are experienced in Agile development practices
- Understand relational databases
- Can communicate well in English
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Are able to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Can communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Are familiar and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture
- Are passionate about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector
What we consider as a plus:
- Have previous payment systems integration experience
- Exposure to the full stack, from frontend UI to the server side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components / utilities
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office in city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- 5 weeks of vacation - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
- Free parking
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.