Programme Manager Open Banking
Product · London
We are looking for a Programme Manager to formulate and deliver the Open Banking strategy for Monese.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the Role
- Formulate and deliver the Open Banking strategy for Monese, clearly articulating how it supports our firm-wide strategy. Build underlying business cases, and define an ambitious yet feasible roadmap
- Define compelling applications of Open Banking for customers and internal users, and collaborate with owners of existing products, tools and features to deliver them
- Build, operate and optimise the enabling infrastructure and services for Open Banking, ensuring they can be leveraged by all other services effectively to deliver internal and customer-facing applications. Own the roadmap and manage the backlog
- Be the subject matter expert for all aspects of Open Banking in the EEA, including regulatory evolution, local variation, use cases, industry players, technology and risks. Keep current and "in the know", and provide thought leadership to Monese on the subject
- Work with Monese's existing and potential vendors and partners where required to implement the Open Banking strategy
- Lead the team of developers and designers to prioritise the roadmap, define requirements, deliver products and manage the backlog
- Performance manage, motivate and lead the overall team and individual contributors in the team
- To act as a bridge between different teams in the first and second line, bringing different people together to define, build and operate Open Banking services successfully
- 3+ years practical hands-on experience of developing and operating products and services that enable and/ or utilise Open Banking
- Up to date knowledge of Open Banking related regulations, standards, industry trends, customer applications, technology, failed and successful implementations
- Experience and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent English skills
- Some start-up experience would be a plus
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Many fun team events and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- 25 days of holidays plus 8 bank holidays - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.