Customer Operations · London
Are you looking for a role to fight financial crime? Join us as Payments Investigator to conduct screening investigations against consolidated lists for sanctions and PEPs screening for payments.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
Here are some of the tasks that you will be doing:
- Working directly within the Payments Screening and Investigation team in London
- Conducting screening investigations against consolidated lists (HMT, EU,UN,OFAC) for sanctions and PEPs screening for international and domestic payments
- Identifying when a customer has breached sanctions regulations and raise concerns with leadership for reporting
- Identifying financial crime patterns associated with PEP activity, including corruption and bribery
- Conducting source of funds checks (SOF) for transactions stopped for reaching internal threshold breach alert and investigate for potential financial crime
- Raising suspicious activity to the Leadership and Second Line of Defence team as and when identified
- Working closely with management to ensure critical functions are fulfilled timely and accurately
- Providing occasional informal training and guidance to less experienced AML Investigators and customer support
- Identifying and recommending training aids/materials that may aid in improved compliance and efficiency
- At least 1 years experience in an AML/Risk investigative type role
- Experience in AML within a bank is preferable, but not required
- Knowledge of current AML legislation, money laundering techniques/patterns and counter-fraud preventive measures is a must
- Strong attention to detail
- A team player willing to help the team and educate those less aware of the risk of money laundering displaying a supportive and understanding attitude
- Willingness to adapt as and when to assist in other processes when volumes are increasing.
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- The ability to think outside the box and help improve the business, department and processes
- Fluent English skills
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- 25 days of holidays plus 8 bank holidays - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter in English. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK.