Customer Support · London Temporarily Remote
Are you looking for a role to fight financial crime? Join us as AML Investigator to support AML processes like suspicious activity investigations and reporting, global sanctions screening or EDD.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a proactive and eager person to assist with our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) function. The chosen candidate will support various AML processes, which might include suspicious activity investigations and reporting, global sanctions screening, enhanced due diligence or other AML processes.
Here are some of the tasks that you will be doing:
- Working directly within either the AML, Fraud or Fincrime teams
- Co-operating with law enforcement officers and local authorities by providing accurate records within a legal framework, ensuring all their enquiries are dealt with, within compliance and to strict timescales
- Ensuring Suspicious Activity Reports, Sanctions Screening, KYC and PEP's are fully investigated in line with regulatory requirements
- Investigating and identifying fraudulent activity, compiling full reports and ensuring all confirmed findings are reported to AML management / MLRO
- Serving as a subject matter expert on suspicious activity monitoring to other departments by providing advice and counsel to ensure they understand AML compliance and implications to their operations
- Working closely with management to ensure critical functions are fulfilled timely and accurately
- Detecting potential suspicious activity when complex manual processes are needed
- Supporting the AML management / MLRO with internal control audits on customer support and other functions within the business, basing the results in line with company policies and regulations
- Providing occasional informal training and guidance to less experienced AML Investigators and customer support
- Identifying and recommending training aids/materials that may aid in improved compliance and efficiency
- At least 1 years experience in an AML/Risk investigative type role
- Experience in AML within a bank is preferable, but not required
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of current AML legislation, money laundering techniques/patterns and counter-fraud preventive measures is a must
- A team player willing to help the team and educate those less aware of the risk of money laundering displaying a supportive and understanding attitude
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the current business culture both in the Risk department and beyond
- A proactive, can-do attitude
- The ability to think outside the box and help improve the business, department and processes
- Fluent English skills
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- 25 days of holidays plus 8 bank holidays - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter in English. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK.