Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
Finance · London
As Lead BI Analyst you will be part of the team of BI Analysts, supporting the business and product teams in making data-based decisions and delivering high-quality analysis and reports.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role:
Team of BI Analysts in Monese is supporting the business and product teams in making data-based decisions and delivering high-quality analysis and reports. We've already got some of the top people on board with whom you can solve the most interesting and complex problems for our engaged customers and we're looking for a Senior BI Analyst to lead, mentor and grow the team on data.
You’ll also get to work with a modern data stack, technologies and analytical methods. We’re currently relying on microservice based architecture that stores data in postgre databases. Our business workflows use many 3rd party marketing and analytics tools that require data mashups and prototyping to figure out proper integrations to be built. We are building our data warehouse platform in Snowflake and use Tableau for data discovery and visualisations. We value diversity, curiosity to learn beyond specific tools, and attitude to share & scale knowledge.
As a hands-on Analyst you will be:
- Analysing complex business problems using data from internal and external sources
- Getting into the data yourself - applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, modelling, data mining and presentation of data to deliver actionable insights
- Setting and analysing metrics and goals that tie back to business performance and initiatives, creating business cases to support these opportunities
- Building data sources, monitoring systems, interactive dashboards and reports
Acting a Lead Analyst and link between the BI team and other teams in Monese creating and using the data, we expect you to be:
- Working with data engineering, technology, product and infosec teams to share data related roadmaps and help drive data strategy
- Fixing internal processes, identifying issues and opportunities in datasets
- Supporting team members with knowledge and information
With your background in B2C you will have the chance to be:
- Working closely with retention, product, engineering and customer support teams to create a strong customer feedback loop and ensuring that your analysis and insights translate into actions and a better experience for our customers
- You are excited about everything data related and have heard of #makeovermonday
- Ability to translate ambiguous business requirements into analytical insights
- Proficiency in spreadsheets is a must, but your preferred tool to get dashboards and reports done is Tableau/Looker or a similar BI platform
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Some experience with programming in R or Python is useful
- Experience in financial modelling, forecasting and dynamic inputs. Previous experience in Finance is considered as a benefit
- Attention to detail combined with creative thinking and curious mind
- An excellent communicator with fluent English skills
- Experience in working in a BI team and with other teams operating with data
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in business intelligence or analytics
- Background in B2C preferred
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in business or technical field or equivalent
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- 25 days of holidays plus 8 bank holidays - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.