Head of Treasury (EMI)
Finance · London
We are looking for Head or Treasury, responsible for development and management of Treasury, Reconciliation and Transactions Processing teams.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role:
- Development and management of Treasury, Reconciliation and Transactions Processing teams
- Develop Treasury governance and risk management framework including market risk management and stress testing Conducting and building quality controls of various different processes and rules around the Treasury operations
- Ensure compliant and efficient payment flows with payment service providers, safeguarding and reconciliation processes
- Scoping and evaluating treasury requirements for any new product integration
- Oversight on regulatory capital requirements and forecasts
- Development of optimal working capital requirements and projections
- Prepare relevant reporting to the financial regulators
- Manage banking relationships
- Work closely with Accounting, Product and Technology teams
- Development and tracking of Treasury KPIs and monthly reporting pack
As a perfect candidate, you should bring with you:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Treasury function in a financial institution, payments service provider, electronic money issuer or in other similar field
- Solid understanding of UK and wider European payments and electronic money regulations
- Deep understanding of Treasury ALM and Risk management concepts
- Experience in developing Treasury teams and processes
- Experience in an EMoney, Payments or related company preferred
- Lateral thinker and problem solver in a complex environment
- Highly accomplished in financial modelling and analytics
- Analytical, strategic thinker with strong judgement and foresight
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- 25 days of holidays plus 8 bank holidays - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.