Analytics - Tallinn
We’re looking for a DataOps Engineer with enthusiasm for wrangling data pipelines and building and maintaining a solid, scalable data infrastructure for our Analytics Platform.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role:
Monese is looking for a DataOps Engineer to join our Analytics Team. We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm for wrangling data pipelines and building and maintaining a solid, scalable data infrastructure for our Analytics Platform. The successful candidate will play a key role in building and maintaining data infrastructure as well as data pipelines and will work with various stakeholders to analyse and review data requirements.
- Design, model, develop and maintain large, complex data sets to support exploratory analysis, ad-hoc reporting and statistical model-building
- Assist in migration of our Data Platform to Kubernetes
- Play a key role in technical design and ongoing development of custom ETL solutions; understanding and contributing from design through to code level
- Support analysts and data scientists by leveraging APIs to enhance and automate data pipelines
- Develop and deploy systems to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiency of data systems
- Build data tools/products to suit the specific needs of all our stakeholders
- University degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience building platforms with either ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases and data warehouses, including database optimization, data replication, database recovery, DR failover and H/A solutions and performance tuning
- Familiarity with distributed computing using a cloud based tech stack on platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Familiarity in the development of software using a wide variety of object oriented languages (i.e. R, Python (at minimum), C#, Java, etc.), relational DBs (SQL, My SQL, etc.) and data warehouses (Redshift, Apache Hive, Snowflake, Google BigQuery)
- Familiarity working with REST APIs
- Fluent English skills
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home from time to time
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office in city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- 5 weeks of vacation - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
- Free parking
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.