IT · London, Tallinn Temporarily Remote
Due to fast growth of our teams we are expanding our internal IT team and looking for a Systems Engineer to analyse our needs and problems, figure out solutions and implement these.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
The things you need to know about Monese are:
- We use countless apps, modern cloud-based systems and SaaS
- We run a financial institution, so we need to regularly evaluate access management and control
- We are continually implementing new services to ensure we have secure management systems for all computers
- We are curious how to automate our processes with scripts such as Python and Bash
The most crucial parts of this role are:
- To keep our systems up and running, maintained, installed, reinstalled, replaced, organised, counted and safe
- To implement, maintain and develop our internal IT processes
- To establish proper asset management and access control
- To generate scripts for automation and making your life easier, using Python / Bash or other scripting language
- To generate alerts when system abnormalities or anomalies are detected
- To understand enterprise networking
- To understand AWS combined with previous knowledge with Linux
If none of the above has left you cold and made you run the other way then please continue reading…
The good news is that our employees are tech savvy and able to resolve most problems on their own so you won’t have to deal with constant hand-holding. Most of the workload is caused by our teams growing fast, their needs changing and new ideas surfacing. We need someone that can adapt well and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. You will have a lot of freedom and work with modern solutions on the run.
- Following words make you nod: Apple products, AV solutions, Enterprise networking, Shell scripting, Google services, AWS, Atlassian tools, SSO, SaaS Management
- You love to figure out elegant solutions and make things work better and more smoothly
- You like to support and help people and have an abundance of patience
- Fluent English
- You have at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- You are reliable, organised and friendly
- You thrive in dynamic companies and love to work with international colleagues
- You are happy to travel to other Monese sites as and when needed
It would be an added bonus if you have:
- Travelled the world
- Worked for a startup or IT company before
- Managed Mac computers before
- Experience in a financial institution
- AWS/shell scripting background
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office in city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- 5 weeks of vacation - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
- Free parking
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.