Accountant - Banking as a Service
At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
We have partnered with some of the most influential banking and FinTech companies in the world to work in partnership on multiple global-reaching projects.
With our Banking-as-a-Service offering we aren’t just looking to do the same as everyone else, we are working collaboratively with our partners to create cutting-edge tools and platforms which can transform businesses all around the world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $200+m funding to date from market experts such as HSBC, Kinnevik, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change banking forever.
Summary of Role:
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience
Work pattern: Full-time
Our fun and supportive Finance team are looking for a new team member to join as Accountant! You should find the prospect of frequently being challenged exciting as well as enjoy solving problems and seeking process improvements, with the support of the team.
In this role, you will work as part of the Accounting team for Monese and will be embedded in the finance team of a very large client we recently partnered with. You will ultimately contribute towards the financial and reporting integrity of both Monese and our client, to ensure the provision of quality and current information to the Leadership Team.
Your primary responsibility will be running the Accounting processes, supported by the Monese team and client Finance Manage. Alongside other ad-hoc tasks and new responsibilities that will be crucial to the development of the role as the business expands, your day-to-day tasks will comprise the following:
Your responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts. You will make sure that the accounts are brought up to date each month and are properly backed up with balance sheet reconciliations and underlying documents for review.
- Day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting.
- Preparation of annual local statutory accounts for review and assistance with the local and group audit process.
- Preparation of local tax and regulatory reports for review.
- Preparation and provision of the payroll information to the outsourced payroll providers and review of payroll reports.
- Supporting the A/P, A/R and payment functions by approving invoices and expense claims; and reviewing payment batches and payments.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Assist with design of new processes
- Assist with the implementation of new tools and technology
- Be involved in the accounting set-up for new products and expansion – your chance to be involved in establishing the accounting and reporting framework from the beginning.
- Embed a new accounting system
- You have higher education in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- You have previous work experience as an Accountant in a similar role
- You are business-fluent Estonian speaker who is highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
- You have excellent Excel skills.
- You are confident to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
What we consider a plus:
- Having worked in a multinational company before.
- Experience working with NetSuite.
- Familiar with issues relating to accounting, payroll, tax and reporting in Estonia and other countries
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Working holidays - Work from abroad up to 120 days (Terms apply)
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Flexible working hours
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.
Accountant - Banking as a Service
Loading application form