At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $170m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: Database Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Dependent on depth of skills and experience
Work Pattern: Full time
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for someone who will make sure our mission-critical systems are up and running and several aspects are taken care of:
- Global scalability
- Planning of distributed DB systems
- Buzzwords: PostgreSQL, AWS, RDS, cloud, sharding, Linux
What we want:
- Knowledge how to take the maximum from PostgreSQL
- Skills to find ways how to optimize any query that runs in database
- Ability to design data models for backend services
- Comfortability to take lead and driving changes
- Know-how to use schema versioning tools
- Understanding of SaaS, IaaS and PaaS
What we consider as a plus:
- Knowledge of scripting, business process modelling, machine learning and AI
- Startup experience
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Private healthcare (Estonia & UK - Other locations coming soon)
- Working holidays - Work from anywhere in Europe for a limited time (Max limit per rolling year)
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.