At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $170m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Dependent on depth of skills and experience
Work Pattern: Full time
What you'll be doing:
We’re looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to join us on a permanent basis in our Tallinn office. You are the right person for us if you are passionate about technology, dream about building amazing stuff, love figuring out integration puzzles, and connections between the app and backend. We are looking for someone who values a clean neat code, with exceptional attention to detail but is also able to see the bigger picture and is never scared to ask questions.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise the performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
What we want:
- Have excellent Java(11-17+) with Spring Boot skills for 7+ years
- Are experienced in Agile development practices
- Understanding relational databases
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Are familiar and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture by working on some of these tools(Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Confidence with Git: branching, merging, rebasing, etc.
- Good experience of writing unit tests and integration tests by using tools such as JUnit and Testcontainers
- Experience of designing and consuming REST APIs (JSON)
- Are passionate about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector
What we consider as a plus:
- Have previous payment systems integration experience
- Exposure to the full stack, from frontend UI to the server-side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components/utilities
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Private healthcare (Estonia & UK - Other locations coming soon)
- Working holidays - Work from anywhere in Europe for a limited time (Max limit per rolling year)
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.