At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped millions of customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $200+m funding to date from market experts such as HSBC, Kinnevik, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: Head of AML Operations
Location: London, UK
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Dependent on depth of skills and experience
Work Pattern: Full time, Monday to Friday
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Head of AML Operations for our London office that will help lead and scale our global AML teams across UK and Estonia.
You will have the opportunity to shape the way we support our business, while mentoring and leading a group of Team Leaders and AML Investigators.
Reporting to the COO, you will be executing the vision of the department, making sure that we are on top of our game when it comes to AML procedures, keeping our customers and our business safe.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day duties of the team, being accountable for the metrics and SLAs of the team.
If you believe in mentoring and developing people, working with data and helping out customers, then this is the job you’re looking for!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage the AML team: be responsible for 4-6 team leaders, who will each be managing up to 10-15 agents; you will be creating and owning career development plans of your team.
- Own the operational metrics of the KYC team: team and individual targets, you’ll be responsible to drive SLA’s, KPI’s and Quality metrics of your team.
- Coaching and developing the Team leaders with your industry knowledge and skillset.
- Contribute to the overall department OKRs: work closely with the VP for Customer Service & CX, to assure that department objectives are translated into all teams/individual levels.
- Partner with the Head of Compliance/MLRO and VP for Customer Service & CX, ensuring that we are following and deploying the right procedures, systems and controls that will help mitigate AML and sanctions risk.
- Empowering your team to help every single customer, assuring a strong customer-centric culture across all functions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders, to assure constant feedback on the product-customer loop.
- Define and implement customer support initiatives: use data/feedback from customers to implement new initiatives that will help increase satisfaction and retention.
What we want:
- Extensive experience managing large scale teams on BAU and remediation projects in a regulated environment specialising in FCC. (60-80 people)
- Proven experience managing remote teams as our processes are global and the team is split across multiple locations.
- Proven experience in the banking area, preferably with AML/KYC expertise.
- Proven experience leading and scaling support teams in a high-growth and high-paced environment.
- Availability to travel to other locations (potential to travel once per quarter).
- Experience with low and high-performing teams: you will be accountable for your team’s metrics, and if needed, work with data and create performance management plans.
- Be independent: you will have autonomy and independence to execute and implement changes, that will drive up customer satisfaction and retention.
- Strong analytical skills: experience with managing data, to understand the impact of new features or products into customer operations SLA’s; identify patterns of customer queries and work with cross-functional teams to fix it upstream.
- Love for processes and optimisation: our team is growing, and with that we need to build more processes, while optimising our existing ones; you will need to be hands-on and experienced on creating customer journeys/workflows.
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Private healthcare (Estonia & UK - Other locations coming soon)
- Working holidays - Work from anywhere in Europe for a limited time (Max limit per rolling year)
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Flexible working hours
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.