At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $200m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: Functional Risk Lead, Wealth and Personal Banking
Location: London, UK
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Dependent on depth of skills and experience
Work Pattern: Monday to Friday, full time
What you’ll do:
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join the team in the role of Functional Risk Lead. The purpose of this role is to lead the successful management and implementation of the risk and control framework for a new FX and payments business. The role will also be responsible for helping to ensure the overall control environment is fit for managing risks.
- Ensure that all functions (finance, HR, marketing & comms) adhere to the relevant operational controls, as outlined in procedures and policies to ensure risks are identified and managed, and oversee the execution and remediation of findings as required.
- Proactively assess adequacy of risk management framework and controls, fostering a strong compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators across launch markets.
- Play an active role in assisting leadership to identify, contain, monitor and report key risks and to ensure adequate certification
- Identify and highlight opportunities to enhance current policies and procedures where agreed Risk and Controls for the new business are not reflected in a clear and compliant manner.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts in each of the Risk sub-functions, drawing on and facilitating specialised advice where required
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive practical experience in risk and control management in a financial services firm, and experience of payment solutions (particularly cross-border) or FX products advantageous.
- Knowledge of financial technology trends, with understanding of how digital products and services operate and the ability to analyse digital solutions to identify and mitigate risk.
- Strong understanding of core risk activities such as risk assessment, policy management, reporting, and testing, and with particular strengths in one or more of the financial or non-financial risk categories.
- Ability to present complex issues confidently and concisely to Senior Executives and other key stakeholders using easily understood language.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience of negotiating matrixed teams, with experience or a preference for working in an agile environment and collaborating within cross-functional teams.
What you’ll get:
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer.
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- 25 days of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success