At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $200m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: KYC Team Lead
Location: Tallinn, Estonia [Relocation sponsorship not provided for this role]
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience
Work Pattern: Mon-Fri, regular office hours
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a team of ~10 investigators.
- Performing side-by-side quality assurance on all staff in the team.
- Reporting to the FinCrime Operations Manager on a weekly/monthly basis, addressing key weaknesses/issues.
- Responsible for appraisals for staff members, rewarding those who have worked hard.
- Conducting one-to-ones for staff members, addressing key areas of weaknesses and addressing them appropriately in a timely fashion.
- Providing leadership to the operational staff, ensuring that they understand the controls set by the business and the risks involved.
- Assisting in updating standard operating processes in line with changes to processes.
- Raising system and process issues to the correct department, ensuring the problem is fixed as soon as possible.
- Running continuous improvement meetings to help the business improve in its SLA’s.
- Reviewing, setting and maintaining SLA’s in line with business requirements.
- Addressing any conflicts or issues that arise within the team, working with the FinCrime Operations Manager to fix them.
What we want:
- Previous experience directly managing staff and supporting senior managers.
- Understanding and good awareness of regulatory requirements within a regulated function.
- Financial services knowledge, preferably gained in a regulated environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of KYC processes, systems and procedures to enable technical guidance and support to be given to other team members where necessary.
- Knowledge of Sanctions and PEPs.
- A strong leader with a proactive attitude.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to motivate, empower and inspire members of staff.
- Data analytic skills, logging MI and assessing statistics. Skilled in Microsoft Office (most importantly Excel).
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Flexible working hours
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.