At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $170m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: AP & AR Specialist
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Dependent on depth of skills and experience
Work Pattern: Full time
What you’ll do:
Management of the Accounts Payable (AP) inputs:
- Monitoring physical mail and email inboxes for invoices, statements and other supplier correspondence plus internal queries, approvals, expense claims and debit card reports.
- Ensuring a high level of responsiveness with respect to all correspondence, email or otherwise.
Processing of AP items to our accounting system (NetSuite) and AP platform:
- Promptly and accurately with respect to Accounting period and date, value and currency, Tax and VAT accounting, General ledger (GL) account and departmental coding
- Seeking timely review and approval from invoices, expense claims and debit card reports
- Accurate posting and allocation of AP-related payments, credit notes and discounts.
- Contribute to the month-end process by ensuring a prompt and precise cut-off in accordance with the accounts-close timeline by working with the AP manager to clear any review points.
- Monitor invoice approval and hold status pro-actively.
- Review aging of due-date to propose payment in relevant scheduled payment-runs.
- Provide payment-run document pack with commentary, to AP Manager for review.
- Resolve any proposed payment issues and upload payment run files to payment systems.
- Accommodate unplanned, urgent and one-off payments.
Additional and ad-hoc responsibilities:
- Monitoring and cross charging costs between Monese business units and external clients as required. This is expected to be a very significant part of the role.
- Supporting the team with the implementation/improvement of current and new AP systems
- Documentation of processes.
- Facilitating the audit process, where related to accounts payable.
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc reporting.
What we want:
- Experience working in AP previously.
- Good Excel skills.
- Comfortable making connections and communicating across all parts of the business and with external suppliers, 3rd party advisors and auditors.
What we consider a plus:
- Having worked in a multinational company before.
- Experience working with NetSuite.
- Familiar with issues relating to accounting, payroll, tax and reporting in UK (and/or Estonia).
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Flexible working hours
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.