At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $170m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: Financial Crime Investigator
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
Work Pattern: Summarised working time, night shifts (24-8:30)
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing incoming financial crime alerts and assessing whether further investigation is needed or whether a risk based decision can be made.
- Spotting inconsistencies in the information provided in order to analyse and form an opinion on the acceptability of the customer as per regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Analysing alerts and investigating customer information during account opening and payment processes, specifically looking at Sanctions & Politically Exposed People [PEP].
- Compiling evidence from investigations to be reported to Senior Management and Compliance personnel, using internal and external policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Conducting and documenting risk assessments on all tasks, determining appropriate due diligence approaches and information required to verify the suitability of the customer and their activity.
- Reviewing and learning from senior members of staff for review/approval when required or necessary, highlighting material risks or concerns as well as any exceptions or missing information based on internal policy or external regulatory requirements.
- Identifying suspicious activity and escalating to the appropriate team for assessment.
- Flexing between multiple tasks looking at differing typologies of fraud to identify patterns of concern.
- Completing SARs to a high standard showing attention to detail.
- Reporting to the FIU within the UK and EU.
What we want:
- At least 1 year of experience in an AML/Risk investigation role [Bank environment preferred]
- Knowledge of AML legislation, money laundering techniques and counter-fraud preventive measures
- Experience within SAR writing
- Attention to detail and strong routine tolerance
- Desire to continue learning and developing your knowledge on key areas of interest in the Risk department
- Fluent English, additional European language skills are a plus
- A solution-oriented mindset and never giving up in the face of a challenge
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Flexible working hours
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.