At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $170m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: Front-End Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Dependent on depth of skills and experience
Work Pattern: Hybrid
What you’ll do:
- Strong front-end skills (HTML5, CSS3) and an eye for design, UX and accessibility
- A passion for aesthetics and smooth UIs
- Commercial React.js ja Next.js
- Experience building high-performance and scalable applications
- Experience with Preprocessors (Babel / ES6-transpiler), Transpilers (SCSS / Stylus / SASS / LESS) and CSS methodologies (BEM)
- Passion for writing clean, standards-compliant, scalable, reusable, testable quality code
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatible services
- Believer in TDD test driven development and continuous deployment
- Proven commercial experience in translation of interaction and visual designs into production quality front-end experiences
- Experience with sprint-based Agile methodology
- Knowledge of using Jira, and solid Git workflow experience
- Degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluent English skills
What we want:
- Fun loving personality is crucial!
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Passion about building something truly meaningful
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to generate ideas and new opportunities for growth
- Some start-up experience could be useful as well
What you’ll get:
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Flexible working policy allowing you to work from our state-of-the-art office buildings and from home
- Flexible working hours
- Tailored learning and development opportunities
- Flat structure with open communication at the heart of what we do, so everyone has a voice
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Modern technologies, including a MacBook for you to work on
What to do next:
Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us. This must be in English.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.
Responsible for supporting business to deliver its corporate strategy, by leading and contributing to strategy and innovation teamwork streams, engaging with fintech firms and public bodies with synergistic policy objective