What we’re all about:
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future. We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters and all those working towards achieving their dreams. With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way. It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
At Monese, we believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome every application irrespective of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. We are looking for you if you have a technical background in IT and hosted cloud-based services.
- Ensuring services reliability and availability.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and drive process automation.
- Build and improve continuous delivery systems.
- Proactively improving services performance, security, and quality.
- Cooperating with software and quality engineers.
- Developing security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
What we are looking from you:
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Proven working experience in GNU/Linux-based environments.
- Experience with IaC, preferably with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS ECS.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and Shell.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Understanding of information security principles.
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritize tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognize the value of collaboration between team members.
What you’ll get from us:
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech start-ups.
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice.
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world.
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team.
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice.
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries.
- 5 weeks of holiday every year to recharge your batteries.
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days’ worth of paid time off per year.
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues.
- Dog-friendly office in city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks + free parking.
- Your own Monese VIP account for free.
- Inclusive family friendly policies.
- Enhanced sick leave policy and 10 sick days per year.
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues.
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for this year including enhanced health checks with wellness support, Sports and Wellness Programme, and more.
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV over to us!