Treasury Analyst - London
Finance · London Flexible Remote
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future.
We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s how you can join us on our mission:
- Designing the payment flows in the e-money ledger and related safeguarding flows to make the most efficient use of the capital and meet the regulatory requirements
- Supporting the design of processes and procedures around compliant and efficient safeguarding requirements
- Designing the reconciliation models/processes for the e-money ledger and all the partner payment flows
- Setting up the reporting processes and data collection around the financial and regulatory reporting
- Building models and strategies to forecast and manage EMI capital requirements and operational liquidity at all our partners
- Scoping and evaluating treasury requirements for any new product integration and ensuring these are met by the product
- Conducting and building quality controls of various different processes and rules around the treasury operations
- Managing ad hoc projects and putting out daily fires
- Supporting Treasury team in daily operations
- Working closely with internal tech and product teams and liaising with external payment partners in the development and maintenance of treasury flows
What we’re looking for from you
- Minimum 3 years experience in Treasury function in a financial institution, payments service provider, payments processor, electronic money issuer or in another similar field
- Understanding of UK and wider European payments and electronic money regulations
- Knowledge of Treasury ALM and Risk management concepts
- Experience in Card settlement or lending preferred
- Data literacy (working with data warehouse and data visualization tools)
- Accomplished in financial modelling and analytics
- Analytical, strategic thinker with strong judgement and foresight
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting (Nice to have)
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 25 days of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- A great employer pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- Enhanced and inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including private medical cover, an increased employer pension contribution, access to a wellness platform and more!
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.