Data Scientist - London
London Flexible Remote
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future.
We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s how you can join us on our mission:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the team. This role will be perfect for you if you are someone who gets excited about new technology; loves to build new applications; and know your way around data science.
You have the ability to think outside the box to help improve and add value to the business, department and overall processes.
The chosen candidate will be working closely with our Product Lead, Analysts, and Engineers to develop new and important features of Monese.
- Collaborate with team members across multiple disciplines to understand our customer data and business goals.
- Provide expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining to see beyond the numbers and understand how our customers interact with our product.
- Analyze data from several large sources and automate solutions using scheduled processes and models.
- Working on AWS and Snowflake primarily and automating analyses via Python-based frameworks.
- Testing different feature sets and feature engineering pipelines that are used for machine learning.
- Set up monitoring and alerting mechanisms for continuous delivery as well as data quality.
- Develop detailed knowledge of underlying data assets and data products and provide subject matter expertise on current and future uses of data.
What we’re looking for from you
- Proficient in Python and/or R as well as SQL.
- Experience with quantitative and statistical analysis.
- Experience with standard data science libraries (e.g. pandas/dplyr, sklearn/caret).
- Experience with data and model auditing.
- Experience communicating with results of analyses to leadership teams to influence the strategy.
- Experience with graph database
- 3 to 5 years experience
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 25 days of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- A great employer pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- Enhanced and inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including private medical cover, an increased employer pension contribution, access to a wellness platform and more!
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.