User Researcher - London
Product · London Flexible Remote
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future.
We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s how you can join us on our mission:
We’re looking for a User Researcher to lead the research across several aspects of our core product. The impact and remit of the role is huge, with lots of opportunity for future growth.
If you are passionate about designing a unique product with millions of signups across the UK & EU that helps people become more financially resilient and reduce inequality, this is the place.
- Take ownership of the full research cycle - from establishing the research question and scheduling the participants to provide answers and presenting insights back to the team.
- Take an integral part in researching the user’s needs, conduct surveys, interviews, user testing, internal & external workshops and more.
- Work closely with the design team, developers, product leads and other cross-functional teams.
- Writing and refining user stories, journey maps and other documentation
- Review analytics to enhance customer experience, improve conversion and increase retention.
- Clearly articulate a POV around UX topics, industry trends and business objectives.
What we’re looking for from you
- 1 to 3 years experience of conducting user research, either as a researcher or a designer.
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Ability to find rich patterns and insights from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Keen interest and knowledge of UX principles.
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A passion for finding customer problems to solve, through user-centric design.
- Capable of deriving meaningful insight from data and various research sources.
- Review analytics and various monitoring tools to inform how we can enhance the Monese customer experience, improve conversion, increase retention and make usability improvements.
- Can comprehend complex systems, predict edge cases and provide relevant solutions.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Organised, eager and a fast learner.
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 25 days of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- A great employer pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- Enhanced and inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including private medical cover, an increased employer pension contribution, access to a wellness platform and more!
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.