Product · London, Tallinn Flexible Remote
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future. We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
- Lead a cross-functional team of direct and indirect reports of 20-60 people from across
- Product, Tech, Operations, Commercial and other departments, to deliver a strategic mission for Monese (a “Tribe”)
- Set multi-year and shorter-term strategy, goals and OKRs for the Tribe in support of the company’s mission, goals and OKRs, and be accountable for delivering results
- Be accountable for all aspects of the Tribe, including organisation, resourcing, roadmaps, optimising and fixing products, delivering business value, partners and risks - Own the “P&L” of the tribe.
- Establish good working relationships with functional heads, other Tribes, the LeadershipTeam and the Second Line (Compliance, Risk, Infosec, Data Privacy, etc.) and manage any dependencies
- Ensure the Tribe is listening to input and feedback from all other stakeholders in order to improve its performance or operate in a compliant manner
- Where required, engage with key external partners to discuss commercial, operational, technical or compliance issues to support Tribe objectives
- Improve organisation, communication and processes within the Tribe to improve collaboration, people development and delivery quality and pace
- Ensure the Tribe documents a “history” of past org, product and process decisions to ensure lessons are learnt, remembered and applied by everyone in the Tribe
- Understand the Tribe’s domain deeply, including relevant trends, regulatory changes or customer behaviour and ensure this knowledge is accumulated within the Tribe
- Extensive experience in product management, leading cross-functional teams of direct and indirect reports to build, deliver, optimise and manage all aspects of a suite of products
- Able to think through all aspects of a product and their trade-offs when making decisions - business value, customer experience, tech stack, operations, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Experienced and inspiring people leader, has a good track record of hiring, coaching and retaining talent,
- Have managed individual contributors as well as managers, and able to re-organise teams to help them operate efficiently as their scale
- Brings people together from different departments and manages senior stakeholders including C-level execs, functional heads, second line and external partners
- Able to make high-level strategic decisions but can also dive deep into the detailed workings of teams, processes and products, and knows how to balance the two
- Leads by example, stays humble and puts the team first; able to be hands-on and work directly with engineers and front-line staff, not just with managers
- Fosters an environment that encourages people to think for themselves, own their decisions and collaborate
- Can work with a team that may be in different locations
- Prior experience in consumer-facing financial services sector, especially in the EEA/ UK, is a strong preference
- Experience of running projects end to end would be desirable to add to the balanced skill set we are looking for in this role
What you’ll get from us:
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a macbook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 5 Weeks of holiday every year to recharge your batteriesA learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including enhanced health checks with wellness support, Sports and Wellness Programme, and more.
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and Send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success