Head of Product
Product · London, Tallinn
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future. We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
We’re building autonomous mission driven teams who are responsible for their own KPIs and deciding how they’re going to get there. We believe in hiring smart people and empowering them to think like entrepreneurs and make their own decisions. As we grow and scale as a business, the challenge for the Head of Product is to empower teams and coach product managers to make their own decisions and to justify those decisions against customer value and business KPIs. We want everyone to think like owners.
- You are proven strong in four key competencies: Team Development, Product Vision, Execution, and Product Culture.
- Your single most important responsibility - to develop strong teams which means making recruiting, training and ongoing coaching the top priority.
- You see your role as bridging the gap between the CEO’s vision and the company’s products, leading and communicating the Product vision to the wider business and ensure everyone not only knows what we are working on but why.
- Coach and mentor Product Managers and autonomous teams helping to empower them and make data informed decisions.
- Help autonomous teams identify and set quarterly OKRs that are achievable and ambitious, providing guidance and support to teams where needed to enable them to attain their goals.
- Passionate about developing product and engineering talent and helping them to become leaders.
- Embrace and actively foster a culture of rapid experimentation and continuous improvement.
- Customer focused - your primary goal is always delivering value to the customer and staying true to the CEO’s vision and company values.
- You love data and challenge teams to build rapid prototypes, user test, and run experiments. You do not assume, you always take a scientific approach to building product whilst staying open minded and thinking outside the box, especially where there is not enough data.
- Experience working with marketing, compliance and customer support teams and an understanding that the product life cycle does not stop after it’s shipped.
- You’re comfortable working with senior stakeholders and understand financial metrics. You can justify product decisions and prioritisation through data.
- Proven experience working in consumer mobile apps owning the full product lifecycle in an agile environment.
- Demonstrable experience working with cross functional design and development teams.
- Technically savvy, you’re able to conversate with engineers as well as you’re able facilitate good communication with business stakeholders and designers. You have an understanding of how systems are built end to end.
- You develop a great working relationship with the CEO and VP of Technology.
A bit more about you
- You thrive on our fast pace and have a built-in sense of urgency.
- You’ll love coaching and mentoring cross functional teams.
- You’re passionate about agile at scale, and are excited about creating autonomous teams who are responsible for their own objectives.
- You love sharing thoughts and ideas with the wider product community and encourage team members to blog about projects they have worked on.
- You never stop learning and never assume, you’re willing to let others challenge you through research and data.
- You love tech, perhaps you studied engineering at University or like to learn about new technologies in your spare time.
- You’re comfortable communicating across different offices and cultures and believe that you’re there to serve your team and not the other way around.
- Experience scaling products and teams globally an advantage.
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a macbook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 5 Weeks of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including enhanced health checks with wellness support, Sports and Wellness Programme, and more.
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and Send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success