At Monese, we are breaking down boundaries every day to help you build a better future.
As the digital alternative to banks, we are empowering people all over the world through our award-winning financial products – We have helped over 2.5m customers revolutionise the way they live their lives in a global world.
We are backed by the best of the best, with over $170m funding to date from market experts such as Tech Nation’s Future Fifty, Investec and PayPal.
We want people with passion and dedication to help us go the distance and support our ambition to change lives.
Summary of Role:
Position: BaaS Visual Designer
Start date: ASAP
What you'll be doing
You'll be one of the early design team members of the new Monese Banking as a Service (BAAS) proposition. You'll be involved in the creation of the new brand design of this proposition, along with a range of exciting design projects for our new clients, creating customer propositions currently unserved in the global market. You have an intuitive understanding and strong aesthetic craft skills across typography, brand, illustration, iconography and interface design. If you have experience with motion design that's also a big plus. You’re an ambassador within the company for the Monese BAAS Brand, and help the company bring to life our unique value proposition, working with the VP of Design, Senior Product Designer, Visual Design Lead, Chief Commercial Officer, plus other designers and stakeholders at Monese.
Creating design materials and developing brand systems across a range of Monese Banking as a Service clients, across web and product applications.
Works with the VP of Design and Senior Product Designer to help visualise and bring to life the Monese Banking as a Service proposition across a range of high profile clients and other brand materials.
Produces visual design solutions (e.g. animations, landing pages, ads, social content etc.)
Pitches creative ideas that enhance projects.
Facilitating and contributing to the creation, adoption and improvement of design patterns’ and their consistent deployment across all company outputs.
Reports to the Lead Product Designer with regular 1-2-1s.
Working with the BAAS Design team to clearly present design ideas to various clients, and help build a unified design and artistic direction across the BAAS business.
What we are looking for from you
A creative mind that can work both in a team and deliver projects individually.
Ability to present and articulate design solutions and concepts clearly.
Strong expertise and experience creating design solutions using Figma, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Strong typography and composition skills.
Strong 2D illustration design. 3D skills and experience is also a plus point.
An understanding of user experience design principles
Strong understanding of responsive web design and its best practices.
Ability to work within challenging deadlines to deliver the best quality outcome.
An eye for detail and ability to put customer needs above complex design ideas.
Ability to communicate ideas within a collaborative environment.
What we consider as a plus
Friendly, approachable and hard-working team-player with a sense of humour.
Sound mix and video editing.
3D Illustration and compositing skills
Broader experience with web environments
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 25 days of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- A great employer pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- Enhanced and inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including private medical cover, an increased employer pension contribution, access to a wellness platform and more!
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success