Finance · Tallinn
About the role
Monese is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our fun and supportive Finance team. You should be a number-cruncher who loves to learn and finds the prospect of frequently being challenged exciting. As Senior Accountant, you will report to the Financial Controller and support our management accounting, payroll, tax and statutory reporting activities, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
Your responsibilities include:
· Monthly management accounts and annual local statutory accounts preparation for the Estonian entity. You will make sure our accounts are up-to-date and properly backed up with underlying documents.
· All local regulatory reporting for Estonia – e.g. TSD, KMD, Statistics, Social Insurance. You are in charge to get the reports submitted by the deadline.
· Supporting the A/P, A/R and payroll functions in preparation and review.
· Supporting the UK and other entities in daily, monthly, and annual activities such as payment runs, month-end reconciliations or other ad-hoc reporting, audit or due-diligence requests.
You will have the opportunity to:
· Design new processes and streamline existing ones – change our workflows, automate routine tasks and help us become more efficient. Upcoming projects include expense management, invoice approvals, but there’s much more you can help with.
· Be involved in the accounting set-up for our new activities internationally. Here’s your chance to be involved in establishing new foreign payrolls, accounting entities, with new COA-s, local reporting requirements, etc.
· Learn about the accounting and tax of foreign entities. With no prior experience required, you can learn about the local aspects of UK and other foreign entities.
You will succeed if:
· You have higher education in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
· You are business-fluent Estonian speaker who is highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
· You have excellent Excel skills.
· You are confident to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
· You are happy to travel from time-to-time to the head-office in London or to locations of our other foreign activities (when travel restrictions lift, and it is safe to do so).
What we consider a plus:
· Having worked in a multinational company before.
· Experience working with NetSuite.
Benefits of working at Monese:
· Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
· A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
· Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
· High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
· A stack of modern technologies
· Generous stock options and competitive salary
· Learning and development support scheme
· Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
· Monese VIP account
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.