Cloud Security Engineer - Tallinn
Engineering · Tallinn Flexible Remote
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future.
We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you'll be doing
Here’s how you can join us on our mission:
Monese is looking for an AWS Cloud Security Engineer to join our InfoSec Team. We’re looking for someone who is firstly enthused about implementing technology and secondly about securing technology. You will work cross-functionally to understand current/future technology implementations and proactively look for where there are opportunities for improvements. Previous experience in a dedicated security role is not compulsory. This is a great opportunity for a move into security
- Drive, own and support the delivery of security initiatives across the technology estate.
- Communicate clearly at all levels and possess the ability to ‘get things done' in a flexible and pragmatic manner.
- Able to work effectively, quickly and with a high level of accuracy in a fast-moving and rapidly changing environment.
What we are looking for from you
- Proven track record as an Engineer within a fast-paced organisation. Able to work closely with Infrastructure engineers to find new ways to protect Monese and our customers.
- Great communication/convincing skills and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to other Monesers.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, while collaborating cross-functionally.
- Good grasp of automation (Python, Go, Java), continuous integration/deployment and Agile ways of working.
- Able to help improve and develop Monese’s security monitoring solutions to increase the visibility of potential threats.
- A good understanding of identity and access management to help further strengthen ‘least privileged’ access with role-based policies.
Willing to gain or expand experience in the following areas
- Host/System security
- Identity and access management
- Network security
- Security events and log management.
Familiarity with key technologies and how they can enable security improvements
- AWS service (IAM, S3, Lambda)
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 5 weeks of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office in the city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks + Free Parking
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including enhanced health checks with wellness support, Sports and Wellness Programme, and more
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.