Front End Engineer
Engineering · London, Tallinn Temporarily Remote
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role
We are looking for a Front End Engineer who will be overseeing our customer facing web products and be involved in the planning, architecture and roadmaps for each project.
You will work on our front end technical architecture and plan which technologies to be used for existing and new projects. The role will also require you to maintain existing code and functionality while aligning technologies between projects for efficiency and quality.
You will be working collaboratively with different teams and tribes to understand how to best support the company and prioritise the business needs.
Aligning with UX / design teams and ensuring that all of the Front End components (presentation, templating, client-side behaviour) are built so that all products achieve the best look, feel and functionality.
You will also lead and mentor new web team members to ensure best practices and standards are maintained, being involved in some hands-on development alongside other Front End resources.
Some projects may require additional backend resources, (eg, Web App). In these situations, you and other Front End developers shall work closely with backend engineers to develop the best technical solution.
- Building and maintaining web platforms in collaboration with other developers.
- Defining front end technologies used for the web.
- Provide time and resource estimates to assist in the planning of projects.
- Understanding requirements from different teams / tribes and departments within Monese and working on creating a web based solution to solve the problem.
- Designing the technical architecture for each web platform.
- Working with Design / UX and Dev to create new features for our current websites / Web Applications.
- Collaborating with the web team and customer tribe to define the priorities within the road map.
- Working with heads of departments and key team members to better understand requirements for the roadmap and to find technical solutions.
- Working with Back End Developers to align development of technical solutions for web platforms.
We are looking for you, if you have:
- Good understanding and experience with CSS, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors e.g, (SASS, PostCSS).
- Good knowledge of HTML5 standards.
- Strong level of experience working with Responsive websites / web applications.
- Experience leading web projects from concept to delivery
- Experience of working with Rest / Restless Server API's
- Experience of using git and version management
More about you....
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise tasks, as well as communicate effectively. and recognise the value of collaboration between team members.
- Ability to work across a range of different web based projects.
- Ability to lead projects when needed and manage resources and other developers effectively.
- Work with and manage other web developers in your team.
- Experience working with less experienced developers, mentoring juniors.
- Experience working closely with Design / UX.
- Ability to multitask and work across different projects at the same time.
- A good understanding of the whole development process of a web application / website
- Opportunities for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.