Client Operations Lead
Operations · London, Tallinn Temporarily Remote
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future.
We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you’ll be doing
You will be part of the Banking Tribe with a specific focus on supporting the operation business of one of our banking customers. It will involve understanding core payments, accounts, top up, currency conversion and card services. Working closely with colleagues from Product, Technology, Customer Service, Treasury, Finance, Compliance, Legal and other departments, you will manage the efficient, reliable and compliant operation of these services end-to-end to deliver a great experience to our customers. This role can be based in London.
- Working closely daily with our banking customer.
- Monitor and ensure our core payment services are performing at a high level (e.g. efficiency, availability, success rates, cost effectiveness, breaks), putting in place or improving appropriate reporting, alarm and other control mechanisms.
- Deep dive into business metrics and end-to-end processes to identify potential areas of improvement or weaknesses; set new metrics/ KPIs if required
- Define and own action plans to improve performance and mitigate risks, collaborating with other departments to manage dependencies and committed delivery dates
- Support new product development by helping to define end-state processes, controls and technical requirements, and provide input to roadmap prioritisation
- Lead partner ops performance reviews, working closely with Commercial and other relevant teams.
- Exposure to UK financial regulations.
- Lead operational migrations or change projects (e.g. new or partner changes, decommissioning or replacing existing processes or systems)
- Lead the resolution of operational issues large or small, working closely with internal and external partners to identify, assess, report and fix them in a timely manner
What we are looking for from you
- 5+ years relevant experience in a similar operations or programme management role in a credible financial institution, fintech or payment service provider
- Able to thrive in a scale-up environment, managing multiple priorities and ambiguous problems with minimal oversight
- Data and fact-based decision-maker, able to deep dive to root causes of problems
- Resourceful, finds practical solutions; hands-on and gets things done well and quickly
- Good listener and communicator, able to manage senior stakeholders and people from different departments to be on the same page and working effectively
- Has excellent judgement in identifying problems, making trade-off decisions under pressure and proactively stops risks becoming issues
- Calm under pressure and able to rally people to get escalating issues under control
- Customer-obsessed; thinks instinctively from the customer’s perspective and able to factor the customer experience into decision making
Other preferred qualities:
- Has worked closely with software engineers and operations managers
- Understands financial services regulations and infrastructure in the UK and EEA
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a macbook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 5 Weeks of holiday every year to recharge your batteriesA learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including enhanced health checks with wellness support, Sports and Wellness Programme, and more.
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and Send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.