At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role:
- Develop Monese Financial Planning & Analysis function
- Support CFO and CEO in strategic financial decisions
- Lead the annual budget cycle, develop consolidated and department/country-based budgets
- Lead the production of periodic re-forecasts, ensuring risks and opportunities are highlighted.
- Monitoring, developing and producing of monthly reporting of dashboard/KPIs
- Monthly P&L analysis comparing actuals vs forecasts and budgets
- Maintain key metrics to help provide insights to business performance including CAC, churn, acquisition productivity, etc.
- Working closely with the business to develop budgets and provide insightful and commercial commentary
- Cost benefit, business case analysis
- Implement performance measures that support leadership
- Business partner to company departments in evaluating various initiatives commercially
- Lead and develop FP&A analysts
- Provide input and support for developing processes and systems
- Driving process efficiency
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- 5+ years of previous experience in a similar position
- Experience in financial modelling, what-if scenarios, dynamic inputs
- Experience in managing budget cycles covering several departments / stakeholders
- Excel and spreadsheet (advanced level) modelling is essential
- Experience in FP&A / Commercial finance / financial modelling roles
- Experience in working closely with an Accounting team and an understanding of accounting (GL, revenue recognition, accruals, cost allocation)Proactive with a hands-on approach
- Analytical skills and ability to present financial analysis from a business perspective
- Commercially and structured, process driven mindset, likes “clean” excel tables and good attention to detail
- Flexible, team player
- Numerate, Logical, Enquiring, Analytical with the ability to “drill-down”
- Good working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced excel knowledge. Google sheets knowledge (preferred but not essential)
- Experience using SQL to extract and manipulate data (preferred but not essential)
- Previous experience working with major accounting software (preferred but not essential)
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.