Cloud DevOps Engineer
Engineering · London, Tallinn Temporarily Remote
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad. We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills. With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. We are looking for you if you have a technical background in IT and hosted cloud-based services.
Your day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring services reliability and availability.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and drive process automation.
- Build and improve continuous delivery systems.
- Proactively improving services performance, security, and quality.
- Cooperating with software and quality engineers
- Developing security, backup, and redundancy strategies
We are looking for you if you have:
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Proven working experience in GNU/Linux-based environments.
- Experience with IaC, preferably with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS ECS.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and Shell.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Understanding of information security principles.
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritize tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognize the value of collaboration between team members
Benefits of working for Monese
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- The high degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Many fun team events, office parties, and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office in the city center with plenty of perks, snacks, and drinks
- 5 weeks of vacation - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
- Free parking
Some start-up experience would be beneficial, but not a deal-breaker
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.