QA Engineer - London
Engineering · London Flexible Remote
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future.
We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you’ll be doing
Here’s how you can join us on our mission:
We're looking for a talented and self-motivated QA engineer with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle to join us on a permanent basis at our London office. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and execution of manual and automated test solutions and supporting test engineering practices. You will also play a key role in being the ambassador of quality for your team.
We are looking for a creative and curious person with a hands-on mentality, who enjoys solving puzzles whilst also keeping an eye on the whole picture. We are very keen to take on board a passionate QA engineer that does not shy away from responsibilities and takes great pride in delivering high-quality work. At Monese the QA chapter is full of passionate testers that believe in sharing, so if you are up for the challenge and would love to work in a rewarding environment that will push you whilst also allowing you to improve the lives of millions then Monese is the place to be.
Moreover, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Working in a cross-functional development team, collaborating with designers, product managers and developers
- Planning and managing all phases of the quality assurance process
- Development and maintenance of testing knowledge base
- Designing test scenarios for test automation tool
- Testing client-server applications on iOS and Android
- Testing new features and product releases
- Creating documentation for the chapter and organisation
- Identify, analyse, document and track defects
- Updating team on open project statuses and testing activity around features
- Helping developers test better and more efficiently
What we’re looking for from you
- Previous working experience in software testing
- Experience with consumer-facing mobile applications
- Demonstrable testing experience with native iOS and Android applications
- Experience performing accessibility testing
- A high level of proficiency in exploratory testing
- Experience conducting regression testing
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Good communication skills and the will to be part of our team
- Critical thinking and passion for testing and quality
- Education or a proven track record in software development
- Experience in using test automation tools
We consider it a plus if you have
- Up to date understanding of the latest developments in mobile application testing
- Experience working in a cross-functional development team
- Experience with TestRail or a similar test case management tool
- Experience with traffic monitoring/interception tools, such as Charles, Fiddler, Burpsuite etc.
- Experience with writing basic SQL scripts to retrieve and update values in databases
- Experience conducting analytics and localisation testing
- Experience working with and testing API's
What you’ll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 25 days of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- A great employer pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- Enhanced and inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including private medical cover, an increased employer pension contribution, access to a wellness platform and more!
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.