At Monese we are on a mission to give people the financial freedom to thrive anywhere. We are building a banking service that allows you to follow your dreams. A banking service that will support you every step of the way, wherever you may be. This is financial freedom for the hundreds of millions of people who live some part of their life in another country - whether it's for travel, work, business, study, family, or retirement.
With over 1.4 million sign-ups, 70% of incoming funds being from salary payments, and a 4.5/5 TrustPilot score, Monese is one of the most popular and trusted banking services in Europe.
Our fast growing team is located in London and Tallinn. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of financial freedom. We're not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn't scare you and you want to file patents, not follow trends, then read on…
About the role
We're looking for a talented and self-motivated QA engineer with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle to join us on a permanent basis at our London office. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and execution of manual and automated test solutions and supporting test engineering practices. You will also play a key role in being the ambassador of quality for your team.
We are looking for a creative and curious person with a hands-on mentality, who enjoys solving puzzles whilst also keeping an eye on the whole picture. We are very keen to take on board a passionate QA engineer that does not shy away from responsibilities and takes great pride in delivering high quality work. At Monese the QA chapter is full of passionate testers that believe in sharing, so if you are up for the challenge and would love to work in a rewarding environment that will push you whilst also allowing you to improve the lives of millions then Monese is the place to be.
Moreover, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working in a cross functional development team, collaborating with designers, product managers and developers
- Planning and managing all phases of the quality assurance process
- Development and maintenance of testing knowledge base
- Designing test scenarios for test automation tool
- Testing client-server applications on iOS and Android
- Testing new features and product releases
- Creating documentation for the chapter and organisation
- Identify, analyse, document and track defects
- Updating team on open project statuses and testing activity around features
- Helping developers test better and more efficiently
- Previous working experience in software testing
- Experience with consumer facing mobile applications
- Demonstrable testing experience with native iOS and Android applications
- Experience performing accessibility testing
- A high level of proficiency in exploratory testing
- Experience conducting regression testing
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Good communication skills and the will to be part of our team
- Critical thinking and passion for testing and quality
- Education or a proven track record in software development
- Experience in using test automation tools
We consider a plus if you have:
- Up to date understanding of the latest developments in mobile application testing
- Experience working in a cross functional development team
- Experience with TestRail or a similar test case management tool
- Experience with traffic monitoring/interception tools, such as Charles, Fiddler, Burpsuite etc.
- Experience with writing basic SQL scripts to retrieve and update values in databases
- Experience conducting analytics and localisation testing
- Experience working with and testing API's
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.