Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager
Finance · London Temporarily Remote
About the role
As Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager (depending on experience), you will join our fun and supportive Accounting Team, contributing to our management accounting, payroll, tax and statutory reporting activities, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
You will be primarily responsible for the UK company and will also have responsibilities related to its subsidiaries and the Estonian and Portuguese branches, in addition to providing training, support and cover, where needed.
You will contribute towards the financial and reporting integrity of the business, to ensure the provision of quality and current information to the Leadership Team. You should find the prospect of frequently being challenged, exciting. You should also relish solving complex problems and seeking process improvements and efficiencies for the business.
Alongside other ad-hoc tasks and new responsibilities that will be crucial to the development of the role as the business expands, your day-to-day tasks will comprise the following:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts using NetSuite, by completing month-close activities, including:
- Review of AP and AR ledgers, including reconciliation to GL.
- Calculation and posting of management accounts journals; including payroll, accruals, prepayments, treasury, depreciation and other regular cut-off and analysis adjustments.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Processing FX adjustments and revaluations.
- Assisting to provide analytical review and commentary alongside management accounts.
- Preparation of VAT returns for review and onward submission to HMRC.
- Providing support to the team, by way of assistance and review with respect to:
- Coding and entering invoices and expenses
- Preparation of payments for approval
- Collation of payroll information
- AP and AR management
- Preparation of payroll information, onward submission to outsourced providers and review of final payroll for settlement to employees.
- Significant involvement in projects and improvement initiatives and in driving efficiency, development, control and accuracy within the team.
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc reporting, audit and due-diligence requests.
- Assisting with setting policies and procedures for the company considering group policies and local factors.
- Documentation of processes, identifying risks, weaknesses, mitigating controls and proper segregation.
- Contribute towards the positive internal profile of the Accounting team by promoting the importance of good control environment and the value added to the business as a result.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Confident communicating with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel from time-to-time (when travel restrictions lift and it is safe to do so).
What we consider a plus:
- Having worked in a multinational company before.
- Experience working with NetSuite.
- Familiar with issues relating to accounting, payroll, tax and reporting in countries other than the UK.
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you? Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately. All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment. We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.