What we're all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future.
We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you'll be doing
We’re looking for talented Software Engineers to join us on a permanent basis in our Tallinn offices (currently remote working). You are the right person for us if you are passionate about technology, dream about building amazing stuff, love figuring out integration puzzles, and connections between the app and backend. We are looking for someone who values a clean neat code, with exceptional attention to detail but is also able to see the bigger picture and is never scared to ask questions.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise the performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
What we're looking for from you
- Have excellent Java, Spring Boot skills
- Are experienced in Agile development practices
- Understand relational databases
- Can communicate well in English
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Are able to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Can communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Are familiar and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture
- Are passionate about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector
What we consider as a plus
- Have previous payment systems integration experience
- Exposure to the full stack, from frontend UI to the server-side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components/utilities
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL
What you'll get from us
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a MacBook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 5 weeks of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office in the city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks + Free Parking
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- Inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including enhanced health checks with wellness support, Sports and Wellness Programme, and more
How to join us
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and send your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.