Finance · London Temporarily Remote
About the role
As Accountant, you will join our fun and supportive Accounting Team, contributing to our management accounting, payroll, tax and statutory reporting activities, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
You will be primarily responsible for the UK reporting entity and will also have responsibilities related to the Estonian and Portuguese reporting entities, in addition to providing training, support and cover, where needed.
You will contribute towards the financial and reporting integrity of the business, to ensure the provision of quality and current information to the Leadership Team. You should find the prospect of frequently being challenged, exciting. You should also relish solving complex problems and seeking process improvements and efficiencies for the business.
Alongside other ad-hoc tasks and new responsibilities that will be crucial to the development of the role as the business expands, your day-to-day tasks will comprise the following:
● Preparation of the monthly management accounts using NetSuite, alongside the Accounting Manager and Group Financial Controller, by completing month-close activities, including:
- Review of AP and AR ledgers, including reconciliation to General Ledger.
- Calculation and posting of management accounts journals; including payroll, accruals, prepayments, treasury, depreciation and other regular cut-off and analysis adjustments.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Processing Foreign Exchange adjustments and revaluations.
- Assisting to provide analytical review and commentary for submission to the Group Financial Controller.
● Preparation of VAT returns for review and onward submission to HMRC.
● Providing support to the Finance Specialist, by way of assistance and review with respect to:
- Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables management
- Coding and entering invoices and expenses
- Preparation of payments for approval
- Collation of payroll information
● Preparation of payroll information, onward submission to outsourced providers and review of final payroll for settlement to employees.
● Involvement in projects and improvement initiatives by assisting the Group Financial Controller in driving efficiency, development, control and accuracy within the team.
● Supporting the Group Financial Controller with ad-hoc reporting, audit and due-diligence requests.
● Documentation of processes, identifying risks, weaknesses, mitigating controls and proper segregation.
● ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
● Highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
● Good Excel skills.
● Confident to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders.
● Willingness to travel from time-to-time to the head-office in London or to locations of our other current and future foreign activities (when travel restrictions lift and it is safe to do so).
What we consider a plus:
● Having worked in a multinational company before.
● Experience working with NetSuite.
● Familiar with issues relating to accounting, payroll, tax and reporting in countries other than the UK.
Benefits of working at Monese:
● Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
● A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
● Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
● High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
● A stack of modern technologies
● Generous stock options and competitive salary
● Learning and development support scheme
● Flexible working hours
● Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.