AML Team Lead
AML · London Temporarily Remote
AML Team Lead
We are looking for a strong-minded individual with experience in team management to be in charge of running an AML operations team based in London.
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in
the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills. With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role
We are looking for a strong-minded individual with experience in team management. The successful candidate will be in charge of running an AML operations team based in London.
The team managers main objective is to ensure that the team is managed in line with key KPI’s. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that staff is adequately resourced, trained and meeting targets on a regular basis.Here are some of the tasks that you will be doing:
- Managing an AML/Fraud/ KYC team of up to 5-10 investigators.
- Performing side-by-side quality assurance on all staff in the team.
- Reporting MI to the AML operations manager weekly basis, addressing key
- Responsible for appraisals for staff members, rewarding those who have worked hard.
- Conducting one-to-ones for staff members, addressing key areas of weaknesses and addressing them appropriately in a timely fashion.
- Provide leadership to the operational staff, ensuring that they understand the controls set by the business and the risks involved.
- Assisting in updating standard operating processes in line with changes to
- Raising system and process issues to the correct department, ensuring the problem is fixed as soon as possible.
- Running continuous improvement meetings to help the business improve in its SLA’s.
- Reviewing, setting and maintaining SLA’s in line with business requirements.
- Addressing any conflicts or issues that arise within the team, working with
- the AML operations manager to fix them.
What you'll need:
- Previous experience directly managing staff and supporting senior managers.
- Understanding and good awareness of regulatory requirements within the AML/compliance sector.
- Financial services knowledge, preferably gained in a regulated environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of AML processes, systems and procedures to enable technical guidance and support to be given to other team members where necessary.
- A strong leader with a proactive attitude.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to motivate empower and inspire members of staff.
- Data analytic skills, logging MI and assessing statistics. Skilled in Microsoft
- Office (most importantly Excel).
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Motivating compensation - stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Monese VIP account
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.