Cifas Investigator FTC
AML · London Temporarily Remote
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and proactive person to join our Financial Crime Operations teams as a Cifas Investigator. The role holder will support our investigation process and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Reviewing and investigating Cifas matches with customer profiles for indications of financial crime.
- Assist with due diligence for customers who meet the criteria for Source of Funds check.
- Investigating true matches and identifying false positives relating to data matches with the Cifas Data.
- Filing customers data with Cifas who have met the appropriate financial crime standards both individually and via bulk filings.
- Reviewing data to identify inconsistencies in the information provided in order to form an opinion on the acceptability of the customer as per regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Identify and escalate to the wider teams, trends and intelligence briefings to protect and minimise the impact to our business from the harm of Financial Crime.
- Develop our use of Cifas data in the business risk assessment of customers, showing us the art of what is possible with the data.
- Conducting and documenting risk assessments on all relevant customer matches, determining appropriate due diligence and information required to verify the suitability of the customer and the activity they have undertaken.
- Review and approve when required or necessary, highlighting material risks or concerns as well as any exceptions or missing information based on internal policy or external regulatory requirements.
- Complete SAR’s relating to reviews undertaken, to a high standard showing attention to detail.
- Reporting to the FIU within the UK and EU.
- Conducting Fraud concern checks for external CIFAS members and Monese investigators using the NFD
We are looking for you if your previous experiences can demonstrate:
- Have Financial Crime sector experience
- Have fluent English skills, both written and spoken
- Have experience with Fraud/Financial Crime prevention and detection databases
- Customer service skills
- Have excellent attention to detail and take ownership
- Acts with integrity whilst at the same time being fast, efficient, patient and positive
- Are solution-oriented and never give up in the face of a challenge
- Have experience writing SAR’s
- Are tech savvy and a quick learner
- Enjoy communicating with people
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.