Senior Product Manager
Product · London Temporarily Remote
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
- A minimum of 5 years experience of Product Management, leading cross-functional teams and managing backlog prioritisation, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality.
- Passion for problem-solving through user-centric design, applying expertise, data, research and judgement to make sure you’re focused on making the biggest impact
- Able to analyse and make trade-off decisions between customer impact, commercials, operational feasibility and regulatory/ legal compliance
- Curious and capable of deriving meaningful insight from data - good understanding of modern tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Tableau etc)
- Experience integrating mission-critical partners to deliver services to customers
- Able to bring people together from different departments, strong stakeholder management
- You are reliable, you deliver on what you said you would deliver.
- You are a leader, you help others succeed through guidance, coaching, mentoring and empathy - not by telling people what to do.
- Can work with a team that may be in two different locations
- The ideal candidate should have experience in payments and/or card domains; previous experience working in Financial Services (e.g. fintech, banks, card issuers, payment processors)
- Generate a deep understanding of Monese strategy, our target customers, your product and the wider industry to create a clear, compelling and differentiated product vision and strategy, and evangelise this inside and outside Monese.
- Work side by side with cross-functional team (iOS, Android and Backend developers, QA, Designers) to drive the product within the specified area
- Regularly update, manage and prioritise the backlog of product features for the cross-functional team
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from the development team, management team to external business partners
- Gather insights and feedback from stakeholders, customer research and user data to refine and improve existing features and generate ideas for new features.
- Be ready to take on commercials, negotiations and strategic projects so that we meet our ambitious customer, geographic and product goals.
- Research customer needs, together with the UX team conduct user surveys and user interviews to understand better customers needs and feedback.
- Revel in Agile product delivery, the process of rapid prototyping, design and shipping product ‘little and often’
- Translate Monese’s strategy and OKRs into team OKRs and build a prioritised backlog of work that will deliver the key results.
- Be on top of the product-related data, determine which tracking events and properties are collected and passed to relevant systems to enable reporting
- Regularly review the industry landscape to better understand regulatory, competitive and customer trends and define implications for your product
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Monese VIP account
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.