Business Intelligence Analyst
Finance · Tallinn, London Temporarily Remote
Business Intelligence Analyst
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role:
- Analysing complex business problems using data from internal and external sources
- Identifying issues and opportunities in datasets, and acting as a bridge between different teams
- Helping business teams to see and understand their data by designing visually interactive and actionable dashboards using data visualization tools
- Understanding the needs of non-technical internal users and presenting the results that can be easily consumed and acted upon
- Training business leads and analysts on data to scale their knowledge to run their own analysis
- Setting and analysing metrics and goals that tie back to business performance and initiatives, creating business cases to shape customer experience that drives our product roadmaps and decisions
- Getting into the data yourself - applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, modelling, data mining and presentation of data to deliver actionable insights
- Working in an agile team with a ‘hands-on’ approach
- You are excited about everything data related and have heard of #makeovermonday
- Ability to translate ambiguous business requirements into analytical insights
- Proficiency in spreadsheets is a must, but your preferred tool to get dashboards and reports done is Tableau/Looker or a similar BI platform
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Some experience with programming in R or Python is useful
- Experience in financial modelling, forecasting and dynamic inputs; previous experience in Finance is considered as a benefit
- Attention to detail combined with creative thinking and curious mind
- An excellent communicator with fluent English skills
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in business intelligence or analytics
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in business or technical field or equivalent
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.