Senior Product Designer - London
Product · London Flexible Remote
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead the design of several aspects of our core product. The impact and remit of the role is huge, with lots of opportunity for future growth.
What we’re all about
At Monese, we push the boundaries every day to help people build themselves a better future. We’re the mobile app alternative to banks, empowering hardworkers and heavylifters all over the world to thrive. Think gig workers, side-hustlers, go-getters, and all those working towards achieving their dreams.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’re here to build a community where no doors are closed – and we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe along the way.
It’s not easy to make big changes in the world, but we’re looking for the right people with enough ambition to help us go the distance.
What you'll be doing
- Take responsibility for the full design process from collaborative research, conception, testing, full journey specs and developer collaboration, through to UX measurement of the launched product.
- Design customer journeys, create prototypes, user test and measure the success of potential product launches.
- Help define and deliver products that are enjoyable to use with a high level of craft and attention to detail.
- Work collaboratively to develop a scalable design system that meets product and business goals.
- Participate and present your work in design critiques with the wider design team to help develop a consistently strong holistic experience.
- Carry out user research through a range of qualitative and quantitative methods to understand the user experience.
- Identify key success metrics of the products you’re on, and measure their success from a customer and business perspective.
- You’ll work closely with the Head of Design and Product Lead to align on goals, priorities, direction and feedback.
- Document pattern libraries and style guides, updating as we evolve.
- Review the performance of the release, identify learnings and suggest ways to shape the future product.
What we are looking for from you
- 3+ years of experience working on a cross functional team, designing consumer facing products.
- Experience using and helping to maintain a design system
- Proven experience advocating for users, and applying learnings from research into your design
- Ability to analyse product experiments such as A/B tests.
- A hunger to learn, take responsibility and grow your skills.
- A strong ability to use typography and grids.
- Be an advocate for design, with an understanding and ability to articulate how it helps reach business goals
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions.
- A love of problem-solving and a desire to seek out the next problems to solve.
What you’ll get from us:
We love what we do, and we want to make sure you do too! Here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity for growth at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- The chance to make an impact by helping to build a product used by millions of people across the world
- A huge amount of autonomy and trust in a motivated international team
- The opportunity to travel between our offices and collaborate across teams, cultures and communities (as travel corridors open)
- A stack of modern technologies, including a macbook as our hardware of choice
- Generous stock options and highly competitive salaries
- 25 days of holiday every year to recharge your batteries
- A learning and development support scheme with up to 10 days worth of paid time off per year
- Flexible working between the office and home + flexing hours to fit the demands of life
- Fun team events, activities, and office parties to enjoy with your colleagues
- Your own Monese VIP account for free
- A great employer pension contribution
- Salary sacrifice options including a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- Enhanced and inclusive Family Friendly policies
- Enhanced Sick Leave policy
- Generous referral bonuses for your equally talented friends or ex-colleagues
We’ve got even more benefits in the pipeline for the end of this year including private medical cover, an increased employer pension contribution, access to a wellness platform and more!
How to join us:
Sound like a role you want to get on board with? Click on the link to apply and share your CV and cover letter over to us!
At Monese, we’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe in employing a diverse workforce and making it central to our success.