Financial Crime Investigator
AML · London Temporarily Remote
Financial Crime Investigator - (upto £30,000)
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and proactive person to join our FinCrime Operations teams as Fraud Investigator. The chosen candidate will support our investigation process and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Reviewing incoming financial crime alerts and assessing whether further investigation is needed or whether a risk based decision can be made.
- Spotting inconsistencies in the information provided in order to analyse and form an opinion on the acceptability of the customer as per regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Conducting and documenting risk assessments on all tasks, determining appropriate due diligence approaches and information required to verify the suitability of the customer and their activity.
- Review and learn from senior members of staff for review/approval when required or necessary, highlighting material risks or concerns as well as any exceptions or missing information based on internal policy or external regulatory requirements
- Identifying suspicious activity and escalating to the appropriate team for assessment.
- Flex between multiple tasks looking at differing typologies of fraud to identify patterns of concern.
- Complete SARs to a high standard showing attention to detail.
- Reporting to the FIU within the UK and EU.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have AML/Financial Crime sector experience
- Have fluent English skills, both written and spoken
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are at the same time fast, efficient, patient and positive
- Are solution-oriented and never give up in the face of a challenge
- Are tech savvy and a quick learner
- Enjoy communicating with people
- Have experience within SAR writing.