Financial Crime Investigator
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and proactive person to join our FinCrime Operations teams as Fraud Investigator. The chosen candidate will support our investigation process and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Reviewing incoming financial crime alerts and assessing whether further investigation is needed or whether a risk based decision can be made.
- Spotting inconsistencies in the information provided in order to analyse and form an opinion on the acceptability of the customer as per regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Conducting and documenting risk assessments on all tasks, determining appropriate due diligence approaches and information required to verify the suitability of the customer and their activity.
- Review and learn from senior members of staff for review/approval when required or necessary, highlighting material risks or concerns as well as any exceptions or missing information based on internal policy or external regulatory requirements
- Identifying suspicious activity and escalating to the appropriate team for assessment.
- Flex between multiple tasks looking at differing typologies of fraud to identify patterns of concern.
- Complete SARs to a high standard showing attention to detail.
- Reporting to the FIU within the UK and EU.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have AML/Financial Crime sector experience
- Have fluent English skills, both written and spoken
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are at the same time fast, efficient, patient and positive
- Are solution-oriented and never give up in the face of a challenge
- Are tech savvy and a quick learner
- Enjoy communicating with people
- Have experience within SAR writing.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.