Fraud Team Lead
AML · London Fully Remote
About the role
We are looking for a strong-minded individual with experience in team management. The successful candidate will be in charge of managing a Fraud operations team based in London.
The team managers’ main objective is to ensure that the team is managed in line with key KPI’s. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that staff are adequately resourced, trained and are meeting targets on a regular basis.
Here are some of the tasks that you will be doing:
- Managing a Fraud team of up to 6-10 investigators.
- Performing side-by-side quality assurance on all staff in the team.
- Reporting MI to the FinCrime Operations Manager on a weekly/monthly basis, addressing key weaknesses/issues.
- Responsible for appraisals for staff members, rewarding those who have worked hard.
- Conducting one-to-ones for staff members, addressing key areas of weaknesses and addressing them appropriately within a timely fashion.
- Provide leadership to the operational staff, ensuring that they understand the controls set by the business and the risks involved.
- Assisting in updating standard operating processes in line with changes to processes.
- Raising system and process issues to the correct department, ensuring the problem is fixed as soon as possible.
- Running continuous improvement meetings to help the business improve in its SLA’s.
- Reviewing, setting and maintaining SLA’s in line with business requirements.
- Addressing any conflicts or issues that arise within the team, working with the FinCrime Operations Manager to fix them.
What you'll need:
- Previous experience directly managing staff and supporting senior managers.
- Understanding and good awareness of regulatory requirements within a regulated function.
- Financial services knowledge, preferably gained in a regulated environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of AML processes, systems and procedures to enable technical guidance and support to be given to other team members where necessary.
- A strong leader with a proactive attitude.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to motivate, empower and inspire members of staff.
- Data analytic skills, logging MI and assessing statistics. Skilled in Microsoft Office (most importantly Excel).