Financial Crime Investigator
AML · London Fully Remote
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and proactive person to join our FinCrime Operations teams as a Mailbox Investigator. The chosen candidate will support our investigation process and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Communicating clearly via email with our customers who have been blocked or closed due to financial crime concerns.
- Take ownership of the FinCrime Operations Risk Mailbox in order to chase investigators on their cases and find a resolution for the customer.
- Ensure that the customer is kept up to date at all times and timelines stated have been kept.
- Spotting inconsistencies in the information provided in order to analyse and form an opinion on the acceptability of the customer as per regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Conducting and documenting risk assessments on all customers, determining appropriate due diligence approaches and information required to verify the suitability of the customer and their activity.
- Review and learn from senior members of staff for review/approval when required or necessary, highlighting material risks or concerns as well as any exceptions or missing information based on internal policy or external regulatory requirements
- Investigate confirmed reports of fraud from external banks and identify any further fraud.
- Complete SARs to a high standard showing attention to detail.
- Reporting to the FIU within the UK and EU.
- Provide customer information in line with regulations to our stakeholders in terms of financial crime concerns with our customers.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have AML/Financial Crime sector experience
- Have fluent English skills, both written and spoken
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are at the same time fast, efficient, patient and positive
- Are solution-oriented and never give up in the face of a challenge
- Are tech savvy and a quick learner
- Enjoy communicating with people
- Have experience within SAR writing.