KYC & Screening Investigator
AML · Tallinn
At Monese, we make it easy to manage your money – wherever you are in the world. We create financial freedom for all of us that live, work, travel, study or send money abroad.
We’re the mobile app alternative to the banks, offering money accounts you can open instantly. We’re here for everyone, not just for those with perfect credit scores or the right set of utility bills.
With over 2 million sign-ups across 31 countries, we’ve been named ‘Best Challenger Bank' in Europe. We push the boundaries every day, and we’re looking to find the right people to join us on our mission.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate and proactive person to join our Customer Operations team as KYC & Screening Investigator. The chosen candidate will support our verification processes and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Reviewing incoming current account applications on the basis of reviewing documents and conducting video call interviews
- Spotting inconsistencies in the information provided in order to analyse and form an opinion on the acceptability of the customer as per regulatory and internal policy requirements
- Conducting and documenting risk assessments on all applications, determining appropriate due diligence approaches and information required to verify the suitability of the applicant
- Present the file and KYC analysis to senior members of staff for review/approval when required or necessary, highlighting material risks or concerns as well as any exceptions or missing information based on internal policy or external regulatory requirements
- Identifying suspicious activity in existing customers of which are linked to the applicant in question and escalating to the appropriate team for assessment
- Carrying out video call interviews with existing customers where relevant AML monitoring teams required further information or documents
- Investigate and evaluate sanctions & PEP (Politically Exposed Persons) alerts for new customers. Ensuring that the alert has been investigated within Monese procedures, and followed up with the correct actions in line with regulatory requirements.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have AML/KYC sector experience
- Have fluent English skills, both written and spoken
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Are at the same time fast, efficient, patient and positive
- Are solution-oriented and never give up in the face of a challenge
- Are tech savvy and a quick learner
- Enjoy communicating with people
What we consider as a plus:
- Quick typing
- Previous experience in the financial sector
- Have some other European language skill
- Having travelled the world or lived abroad
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech startups in Europe
- A flat structure with open communication where everyone has a voice
- Impactful work – you will help to build a product that is used by millions of people across the world
- High degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team
- A stack of modern technologies
- Generous stock options and competitive salary
- Learning and development support scheme
- Many fun team events, office parties and sports activities to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- Dog-friendly office in city centre with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- 5 weeks of vacation - we believe in work and life balance
- Monese VIP account
- Free parking
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates are subject to background check prior to employment.
We believe in equal opportunities’ statement: Monese is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.